Between the Reagan-era “War on Drugs” hysteria, the racism inherent in their construction, the pumped up Catholicism and Dagger’s inexplicably peekaboo costume, you’d think I’ve hate Cloak and Dagger, but I’ve loved them since the first time I saw them. I think I always fixated on the simplicity of the light/dark powers and the fact that they had to function as a unit to survive. I also loved the idea that Dagger’s light couldn’t be easily replaced without hurting other people—Cloak teamed up with Dazzler once, but her abilities produce actual physical light, rather than Dagger’s spiritual “soul” light.
I would probably dislike them immensely if I first encountered them now, but it’s hard to unwire some of that stuff.
- huffandstuff said: Plus they were in Runaways. Always a plus.
- huffandstuff likes this
- pantherofroughstorms likes this
- hughbot likes this
- girlsgamesandtacobell likes this
- girlsgamesandtacobell reblogged this from love-and-radiation
- jrvmajesty likes this
- novazembla likes this
- love-and-radiation posted this